Kia Finance has provided leases to millions of Kia drivers. Through servicing so many customers and their cars, we've come to precisely understand what's required to efficiently close a lease. From that, we created this lease-end overview with all the information and resources you'll need, including:
- The steps to getting a new Kia or keeping your current one
- A simple to-do list to follow if you choose to turn in your vehicle
- Our dynamic Self-Assessment tool which makes identifying potential excess wear and use charges a snap
To remind you of when you need to take action, we'll mail you a Lease-End Kit four months before your contract maturity date. Or you can download a print-friendly version.
So, how will you wrap up your lease?
You have a big decision ahead: whether to drive off in a new Kia, buy your current leased vehicle, or just return it. Whatever you choose, we'll be with you all along the way.
LEASE OR PURCHASE
A NEW KIA
First, explore the newest models by visiting our model lineup. Then build out and price
your perfect Kia. Next, schedule a test drive with your Kia dealer, where
you can also see if you're eligible to save money with a Loyalty Reward.
From there, complete each of the steps below to close out your lease.
KICKOFF YOUR LEASE-END
These are the things you should do during the last couple months of your
lease to be best prepared to turn in your Kia:
- Identify any potential excess wear and use through a Self-Assessment
- Make necessary repairs to avoid any excess wear and use charges
- Get specific details on your options by calling us at
at (877) 688-8612.
- Visit the KMF Advantage page to see the benefits of leasing again
or purchasing with us
- Schedule a Turn-In Appointment at your Kia Dealer
PERFORM A SELF-ASSESSMENT
Before returning your vehicle, identify excess wear and use and get an
estimate of potential charges with our easy-to-use process.
Self-Assessment provides estimate only and is not binding.
Final wear and use charges will be determined through a formal
inspection after vehicle turn-in. Estimates do not reflect state sales tax.
RETURN YOUR LEASED VEHICLE
Just before your Turn-In Appointment, you should:
- Clean your vehicle inside and out
- Remove any garage door remotes and toll tags
- Fill out and sign an Odometer Disclosure Statement
then fax completed statement to (972) 590-3968
- Make sure all equipment originally provided with
the vehicle is present, including but not limited to:
- Keys & keyless remotes
- Owner's manual
- Cargo covers/nets (if applicable)
- License plates (check with DMV to determine plate return requirements)
Note: If required to send your license plate(s) to your state, do so after turning in your vehicle
then fax the state's receipt to us at (972) 590-3995.
Visit or call
Garden Grove KIA
Log in to your KMF
account to get a
To continue the journey in your leased vehicle, just purchase it.
We make it quite easy. Choose from three ways.
Are you in the market for a new Kia car in Garden Grove now that your lease is coming to an end? You're in luck because the enthusiastic staff at Garden Grove KIA is eager to guide you through our expansive new and used Kia inventories. We can get you behind the wheel, help you finance it, and introduce you to current specials and promotions that save you money!
At Garden Grove KIA, our goal is to make your next car-buying experience a positive one. That means helping you every step of the way. We boast an impressive new Kia lineup. Of course, at Garden Grove KIA, you're not obligated to commit to new-car prices. We have carefully handpicked a truly reliable, like-new collection of used cars, made by Kia, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan, as well as other best-selling brands for people from as close as Anaheim and as far as Huntington Beach, Long Beach, and all surrounding areas. Don't forget to check out our ongoing new and used Kia specials and promotions. There's chance to save even more! If you can't find a specific vehicle, fill out our Contact Form and we'll begin the search for you.